Hunting is not a cheap hobby and if you are new to hunting, you probably need to spend a few bucks on gathering the right equipment, to begin with. The market is full of hunting equipment that is both cheap and expensive. Having a shotgun scope is a basic thing when you are planning deer hunting. Choosing the best shotgun scope can take hours but if you are looking for some guidance, we have got you. Here, we are going to talk about some of the best shotgun scopes for deer hunting. Have a detailed look below:
Table of Contents
- 1 Simmon Prohunter Prodiamond Shotgun Riflescope (1.5-5X32, Matte):
- 2 Simmon Prohunter Prodiamond Shotgun Riflescope
- 3 Bushnell Trophy Shotgun Scope with Circle-X Reticle, 1.75-4 x 32mm, Matte Black:
- 4 Leupold VX-Freedom Muzzleloader 3-9X40MM Scope:
- 5 Weaver Kaspa 1-4X24 Shotgun/Muzzle BAL-X Mossy Oak BU 30MM:
- 6 What To Look For When Buying A Shotgun Scope?
- 7 Conclusion
Simmon Prohunter Prodiamond Shotgun Riflescope (1.5-5X32, Matte):
The design and features in this one suggest that it absolutely works for professionals. It is a fine piece at a reasonable price, and even with the modest price it competes with many high-end expensive shotgun scopes. It features multicoated optics that give you a sharp and clear picture.
The multicoating also makes it water and fog-resistant. The object lens diameter is 32mm, magnification is 5x, and the weight is 264 grams. Even if the target is moving, the ZeroTrue fingertip windage makes target acquisition very easy. Eye relief is at 4 inches and works well. It can be synced with any hunting shotgun and give you the best result. You will be able to shoot within 200 yards with this scope.
- Excellent crafting
- Comfortable to hold
- The power knob is hard to rotate
- There are no mounting rings
Simmon Prohunter Prodiamond Shotgun Riflescope
The design and features in this one suggest that it absolutely works for professionals. It is a fine piece at a reasonable price, and even with the modest price it competes with many high-end expensive shotgun scopes.
Bushnell Trophy Shotgun Scope with Circle-X Reticle, 1.75-4 x 32mm, Matte Black:
If you are an experienced hunter and prefer to have your tools ready then this is for you. Magnification and eye relief are a little less in this one, but still it gives you the confidence to shoot abruptly. Mounting and elevation are great in this hunting scope. The windage issue is also dealt with in this one. In fog, rain, and any other situation, the scope will give you the opportunity to take the shot with a consistent line of sight.
- During the golden hour of evening or morning, you will have the best vision because the light transmission is at its best.
- Offers consistency even for non-professionals
- The professional shooters have to use their skills to make up for less magnification
- It isn’t versatile
Leupold VX-Freedom Muzzleloader 3-9X40MM Scope:
Leupold has the best shotgun scopes for deer hunting and doesn’t need any introduction here because the company has been manufacturing just what the hunters need. This new muzzleloader scope has a perfect balance of light transmission in Tactical ScopesLeupold mark 4. The brightness and clarity will work in harmony to give you the perfect line of sight for any target.
This one clearly focuses more on the clarity of the target because there are glare reduction and suitable image contrast that works all the time to acquire the target. The dimensions are 14 x 3 x 2.8 inches, weight is 286 g, and the objective lens diameter is 40 mm. This can shoot within the range of 300 yards.
- Excellent vision optics
- Shockproof, waterproof, and fog proof
- It guarantees lifetime durability
- Quality of adjustment ring is low
- Flimsy turrets
Weaver Kaspa 1-4X24 Shotgun/Muzzle BAL-X Mossy Oak BU 30MM:
Weaver Kaspa scope has the ability to satisfy a range of shooters. It can work for professional, experienced, and those who have just begin hunting and shoot often. This one features three reticles which let you choose from Turkey, Slug/Muzzleloader, and Dual-X. Mainly because of this feature, different people can use this scope.
It also has multicoated optics that helps with clarity even in non-optimal situations. The dimensions for this one is 3 x 15 x 1.4 inches, weight is 453 g, and the objective lens diameter is 30 mm. The design of this scope is compact and allows comfort and grip to its user.
- Lifetime guarantee
- Affordable price
- Low quality
- Doesn’t work in fog
What To Look For When Buying A Shotgun Scope?
There is more than one thing that you need to look for before buying a shotgun scope. There are some characteristics that are very important and without them, hunting isn’t possible. Some people think that having an expensive shotgun scope will cover the rest, but this is not the case. You need to have a shotgun scope that is functional in all aspects. To find the best scope, you will have to do some evaluation of what you want and how the scope matches your interests.
Here are some of the important things that must be considered before buying a shotgun scope.
- Make a list: You are not going to find your dream shotgun scope if you don’t know what you are looking for. So, start with making a list of things you would want in your shotgun scope. If you are an experienced hunter, you would know the basic things but if you are a beginner, you should research what you need before making any blind purchase.
- Don’t fall for marketing tricks: If you are looking through the internet, there may be a few marketing tricks like sale, discount offer, buy one get one free and more things like that. Don’t ever fall for them. Again, stick to your list of features and buy only when you are satisfied. Even if you purchase a secondhand shotgun scope, it should be able to meet your demands.
- Weight and Size: The weight and size matter because at the end of the day, you would want something that is easy to handle. You wouldn’t want something so light that requires extra energy to keep it at the place or something that has too much weight to weigh down the shotgun. You should find the scope that is perfect in size and weight for your shotgun.
- Optics: Optics play an important role in any kind of shotgun. You should be able to magnify enough to shoot in your range, it could be 100 yards, 200 yards, or 300 yards. But you can’t shoot right if there is not proper visibility. For that reason, optics are multicoated. The Multicoated lens will magnify and provide you with enough light to shoot a deer. Keep in mind that you don’t need a super magnifying lens or too much light to lighten up the whole forest, you just need light to see the deer properly especially if the natural light isn’t good. Eye relief is also a concern with optics. So, get the one that has good eye relief.
- Durability: None of the high-end features are going to matter if the quality of the scope is low, so make sure you buy the one that offers durability.
Different people have different hunting grounds, but a good scope can be used in all situations. A good shotgun scope doesn’t have to be expensive but meets the requirement of a hunter. Check out the options mentioned here, and we are sure, you can find something to your suitability.